Saturday, February 16, 2008

Inside Out Job

I took advantage of some beautiful, but cold, weather to do an inside out job. Like many of my neighbors my garage had become a repository for all sorts of stuff -- but not actually a motor vehicle. There are plenty of bikes, trikes, scooters, jogging strollers, snow shoes etc. etc. as well as stowed detritus from last fall's yard clean-up and just generally junk. I attacked it today and cleaned it out and I think that my car will fit. It's not a big deal, not a big job, but it's a good thing to get out of the way. The garage cleaning is the sort of project that for which the winter is made. Next on my list is my workshop/storage area. It really is the little things in life that make me happy -- and taking control of stuff and its spread is a big source of joy -- it's cathartic.

1 comment:

insufficient said...

My garage resembles the set of Sanford and Son. Agricola, you have developed into the male version of Martha Stewart. Quit it. You are making us look bad. Although, there is nothing more satisfying than a clean and organized garage no matter how fleeting that condition remains. Now where's the F'in rake?!